On Saturday 01 February 2020 teachers from Shia Ithna’asheri Madrasah (SIM) – in London Stanmore participated in the Tarbiyah Curriculum Training for both bands A-B and C-F. Then on Sunday 09 February 2020 the teachers completed the training by participating in the Micro teach for all the bands.
The Tarbiyah Training was facilitated by Sr. Fatim Panjwani, Sr Fatema Rahemani and Br. Kumail Jaffer.
Some of the objectives of the program included:
– Gaining a broad understanding of the structure and function of MCE
– Reviewing the history and background of the Tarbiyah Curriculum
– Gaining a basic understanding of the Tarbiyah Curriculum design, pedagogy and methodology
– Looking at what an integrated lesson looks like
– Gaining an understanding of what a learner-centred lesson means
– Experiencing a lesson demonstration of both bands A -B and Bands C-F.
Please see a picture from the Tarbiyah Training below
When Participants were asked:
What is the most valuable learning you are taking from the training?
“Student led learning”
“Teaching methods and best practices”
“Make lessons interacting, engaging and learner centred”
What aspect of the training did you enjoy the most?
“That it was interactive and everyone contributed”
“The variety of activities and learning styles demonstrated through the session”
“Activities allowed me to interact/engage well with the coordinators and I felt my whatever questions/queries I had were answered satisfactorily”