On Sunday 01 March 2020 teachers from Shia Ithna’asheri Madrasah (SIM) – in London Stanmore participated in the Tarbiyah Curriculum Training for both bands A-B and C-F.
The Tarbiyah Training was facilitated by Sr. Fatema Rahemani, Sr. Fatim Panjwani and Sr. Sumayya Ladak.
Some of the objectives of the program included:
– Gaining a broad understanding of the structure and function of MCE
– Reviewing the history and background of the Tarbiyah Curriculum
– Gaining a basic understanding of the Tarbiyah Curriculum design, pedagogy and methodology
– Looking at what an integrated lesson looks like
– Gaining an understanding of what a learner-centred lesson means
– Experiencing a lesson demonstration of both bands A -B and Bands C-F.
Please see pictures from the Tarbiyah Training below
When Participants were asked:
What is the most valuable learning you are taking from the training?
“Making lessons interactive”
“New methods of teaching”
“The holistic approach of Tarbiyah”
“Nurturing Piety in my students and Learner Centre Approach”
What aspect of the training did you enjoy the most?
“The whole training”
“Good teaching tips”
“Working with peers”
“The interactive aspect and group activities”