On 21 September 2019 teachers from the Muhammadi Madrassah in Birmingham participated in the Tarbiyah Curriculum Training for both bands A-B and C-F. Then on 29 September 2019 the teachers completed the training by participating in the Micro teach for all the bands.
The Tarbiyah Training was facilitated by Br. Naushad Mehrali, Br. Shahid Ladha, Sr. Saira Haji and Sr. Sajeeda Virani.
Some of the objectives of the program included:
– Gaining a broad understanding of the structure and function of MCE
– Reviewing the history and background of the Tarbiyah Curriculum
– Gaining a basic understanding of the Tarbiyah Curriculum design, pedagogy and methodology
– Looking at what an integrated lesson looks like
– Gaining an understanding of what a learner-centred lesson means
– Experiencing a lesson demonstration of both bands A -B and Bands C-F.
Please see pictures from the Tarbiyah Training Below
Please see pictures from the Micro teach below
When the participants were asked:
What is the most valuable learning you are taking away from this training workshop?
‘How to integrate different Islamic aspects into one lesson’
‘Thinking outside the box in terms of the learner centred approach and styles of learning’
‘How to be an effective teacher and how to make lessons for students more engaging’
What aspect did you enjoy most about the training workshop?
‘The activities and the curriculum training- absolutely phenomenal curriculum! Can’t wait to use it!’
‘Learning about the integrated curriculum’
‘The interactive aspects of the training’