Below is the job description which was passed onto us by KSIMC Birmingham. Please get in contact with them if you are interested.
Job Description – Secretariat Administration Officer
A vacancy has arisen in the Jamaat Office for an Administration Officer to look after secretariat matters for KSIMC of Birmingham. The role, which would involve regular interaction with the Office Bearers, sub committees and external stakeholders. The individual would report directly to the Secretary General, with performance reviewed on a 6 month basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving, opening and sorting post.
- Writing receipts and cheques
- Filing all paperwork following the correct records management structure.
- Inputting data in sage/Quick Books- receipts, funds collected, subs paid.
- Inputting data in excel docs on server and updating info
- Updating lists and server documents
- Responding to and making bookings of the Imambargahs, SZ halls etc for various occasions for the different committees and external organisations or individuals
- Answering the phone and dealing with various queries
- Interaction with members of the public ,re: dealing with queries
- Liaising with Murtaza uncle(caretaker) regard bookings, notices to be put up, namaze wahshat updates
- Updating member info
- Raising invoices for subs/burial/ deaths/events/ – weddings majalis etc
- Liaising with Secretary General. & Deputy Sec. regarding announcements and engagement registrations
- Liaising with Alims/Zakir(a)s & ladies majlis Committee – sending out invitations, visa letters and supporting documents.
- liaising with other members of Staff and Secretary General / Deputy Sec regarding travel, hadiya and accommodation arrangements for Alims/Zakir(a)s
- Correspondence on behalf of the President, Secretary to individuals and varied organisations
- Membership, burial scheme approval processing
- Dealing with repairs & maintenance queries- taking note, informing relevant persons and following up.
- Dealing with tenant queries and follow ups
- Liaising with Deputy Sec for info to be updated on website & managing the Social Media Portals
- Preparing the Announcements for the Director of Programs.
- Updating online calendar for Hall bookings and Alim/Zakir(a) bookings
- Make sure the website, Notice boards are kept up to date.
- Liaising with the subcommittees making sure the office receives their minutes and follow up any actions on behalf of the SG.
- Making sure all Trustee, members & Staff files are kept up to date with relevant information.
AS AND WHEN REQUIRED:
Coordinating and facilitating in other matters- competitions, posters for programs, notices for notice boards
- Correspondence with COEJ re: DBS, events, courses programs, fitra remittance, khums remittances
- Attend EC, AGM & EGM meetings to take minutes and make sure minutes and follow up on actions are completed within the timescales agreed.
- End of year statistics preparation of deaths, marriages, engagements and EC meetings during the year
- Assist the SG in preparing the AGM reports
- Prepare membership subs invoices for members and post out
- Help with audit preparation by ensuring all data input.
- Make sure all the buildings are certified for Health and Safety