- Today, 1 in 9 people lack access to safe water and 1 in 3 people lack access to a toilet. This results in a child dying every 2 minutes from contracting waterborne diseases.
- Even in 2018, the lack of clean water and hygiene facilities has a hugely detrimental impact on the health, education and livelihoods of billions of people around the world.
- 844 million people don’t have clean water close to home (WHO/UNICEF)
- 2.3 billion people don’t have a decent toilet of their own (WHO/UNICEF)
- Every 2 minutes a child dies from infection caused by lack of safe water and an unclean environment (WHO)
Water connects every aspect of life. Access to safe water and sanitation can quickly turn problems into potential – unlocking education, work opportunities and improved health for women, children and families across the world.
For over ten years, the Ali Asghar Water Appeal (AAWA) has strived to provide better access to water for many water scarce communities. This year, we aim to further build long-term sustainable water solutions across communities in Yemen, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Kenya.
Help us give vulnerable communities access to water and work towards an end to a crisis that causes disease, hinders economies, restricts development and disproportionately affects women and children. Donate now towards the AAWA.
Our water solutions include water storage tanks, water supply pipelines and solar powered water wells, amongst others. You can read more about these projects here.
To donate towards the Aliasghar Water Appeal please click here